Saturday, April 7, 2012

Galilee Teaser

Galilee was amazing. I loved it so much and I would definitely consider it one of the highlights of my whole Jerusalem experience. We were there for 11 days and I was not ready to leave! We were able to tons of fun things and go to a lot of great places. We stayed at a kibbutz on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, Ein Gev. I would love to blog about it all but it would take me forever and I don’t have the time or patience for that so here is just some pictures to help you get a feel of some of the awesome things we got to do.
Class picture in  a synagogue that Jesus visited in Gamla Heights.

Going to church in Galilee was amazing.

At the Mount of Beautitudes. Where Jesus did the Sermon on the Mount.

Capernaum, where Peter lived. Also, where I left and lost my camera :(

Looking out on a boat in the Sea of Galilee. After a great devotional we had a fun time dancing to some contemporary Christian music. Wish I could post videos on here of that.

We went to a fish restaurant and this is me getting a little frisky with some St. Peters fish.

We got to go rafting on the Jordan river. Previously before this picture I was pushed out of my raft so these kind boys let me join in on their raft.

We got to go on a hike on one of our free days and it was BEAUTIFUL. We got to swim in a waterhole there with a waterfall and I don't think I have ever been more cold in my life. I could barely breath.

One of our field trips we got to swim at Gan HaShlosha. It was super fun! This is me and Shealeigh enjoying ourselves under the waterfall.



Caesarea Philippi, where Peter testified of Christ. If you look in your Bible there is this exact picture (minus me) in there.

We then went to another waterfall..

Dan, Me, and Boone in front of the Mediterranean Sea.

Enjoying some Magnum bars at Caesarea. Magnum bars are quite the rage here with all of us JCers.

Caesarea aquaduct. It was extremely windy if you couldn't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment