Monday, May 13, 2013

3 weeks

Three more weeks until I board my flight for Peru! Gah, so weird. 

When I got my call the beginning of February I felt like June 5th would never come. But now that it is actually close I am getting more and more excited/nervous. I know that these upcoming 18 months are going to be the most challenging, and life changing months for me, but bring it on.

Right now I have been in Hawaii for 5 days visiting my sister and it is so much fun! I'm so grateful I am able to visit her before I leave. I am actually very lucky that I get to see all of my family before. I moved home 2 days before I came to Hawaii and will be home until I leave. I was sad to leave good ol' Provo. I am grateful for the friends that I had there and the good memories that were made as well. GTs. 


I actually don't even know what the purpose of this post is. Sometimes I just want an excuse to write about myself. Self-absorbed, whatever. 

I am trying to do my best to fully prepare for my mission but no matter what I don't think I will ever feel completely prepared. But you still gotta do what you gotta do.  

Here are some ways I am trying to prepare to be a missionary:
-read scriptures for 30 min everyday
-study Preach My Gospel everyday
-read Book of Mormon in Espanol everyday (even if it is only 1 or 2 pages)
-stay worthy
-attend the Temple as often as I can (I was able to do a session at the Hawaii Temple, which was totally awesome). 
-be an example to others
-pray with true intent


... I'm not perfect at always doing these things but I am trying my best. And obviously I know there is tons more I could be doing so if you have any suggestion please holla and let a sista (hermana) know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment