Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10.14.13



Hola Familia!
So the big news.. are you ready for it?? I am training!! Yep, and guess who is my companion? Hermana Choque from La Paz, Bolivia! So I have a Latina which I am really happy about cause I know that is going to bless my Spanish more. I am really happy with all the changes. So we found out transfers Tuesday night and then I had to leave Wednesday morning for Santa Cruz to meet my hija.. I didn't know who I was training at this point. Us trainers from Tarija and Bermejo.. me and 3 others elders (once again I was the only hermana, its always really weird when there are no other hermanas with me). We arrived to Santa Cruz and Pres. Willard had a little meeting/training with us trainers. As he was talking I felt a lot of comfort. He was saying how he prayed a lot to know who should train this transfer and how he has a lot of faith in us. It made me feel good cause I felt way inadequate to train (still do). But it´s cool cause I know that he is an inspired man and he received his answer through the spirit which means that not only Pres. Willard knows I can do this but God knows too. So that really motivated me. I really really really want to make my Heavenly FAther proud with this transfer and also be a good trainer for Hna Choque. At the end of the meeting Pres. Willard asked that me and another Elder share our testimonies. I was actually really grateful for the opportunity to give my testimony. After the meeting we receieved our children! haha there were only 7 hermanas in this transfer. Hna Faulk is training tambien so it was cool to see her. Anyways we stayed the night in a hotel and then left the next morning for Tarija. We had another layover in Cochabamba and guess what happened.. yep, our plane was delayed for another day AGAIN! Cochabamba is cursed. But we weren't able to go to the temple this time so that was a bummer. But we walked around for a bit and then stayed at a hotel again. It was actually really fun. We were with 5 other elders. We also played what if in Spanish (que pasarĂ­a si...) hahaha so that was funny. Finally we made it to Tarija the next morning. Oh yeah and we ate llama meat for dinner at the hotel... it was chewy.
When we arrived to Tarija I just remember feeling so overwhelmed and wanting to cry. I just felt so much pressure. But it got better throughout the day and I can´t even express the power of God that is working through me. I have 10 times more confidence in myself and the spirit is definitely in our lessons more than before. It´s because I really really want to be a good missionary and I have relying more in the spirit. It definitely works.
But I will admit this week was rough. We were able to teach lessons Friday but Saturday and Sunday.. NOTHING. I felt so frustrated cause we are being obedient and trying really hard. Just everyone was busy and couldn'tt listen. We even had a member with us on Saturday for about 3 hours. It really sucked and I felt like a failure and I felt bad for Hna Choque because it´s her first couple of days in the mission. We were able to talk with a lot of people and have a lot of citas for this week. But I told Hna Choque that this week is going to be really great because before something great happens things are always hard at first. I have faith that we are going to have a lot of success. We studied in PMG how to be a missionary with success and we are going to really put in a lot of effort to do all the things it says.
Hna Choque is great. Seriously though. I don´t even feel like I am training her. haha I told her that I am learning from her and she told me that she is learning a lot from me... so we are learning from each other! Isn't that how a companionship be? We work really well together so I am really happy about that.

This Sunday Demetria came to church again and she brought her little sister (17 years old)! We went to pick her up before but she wasn´t ready so she told us she would meet us there. So the Sacrament had already passed and she wasn't there, and neither was the Familia Hidalgo. I seriously was holding back tears I was so bummed and sad. And then they both walked in and I can´t even express the happiness that I felt. It was fast Sunday and I was so grateful for all the testimonios of the members. Seriously now that I am in a mission I realize the importance of testimonies. they are so powerful! so church was great. We invited Demetria to baptism this week but she wants more time so we are going to work with her.
It´s cool cause as a missionary my desires to share this Gospel with people has grown so much. Before I was a little shy or embarrassed or uncomfortable to talk about jose smith, profetas, the word of wisdom etc. But now I don´t even care, I want to talk about it cause I KNOW it is true and it is what brings us happiness and more important SALVACION. why can´t everyone just accept the Gospel?

I got a bunch of letters and the package from Gin this week! I was so happy and loved every letter. THANK YOU SO Much! Thanks to Gin, Chrissy, Catherine and Vladi (shout outs!). I am so grateful for the love and support that I have.
Oh yeah I dyed my hair darker. I had horrible roots so something had to be done. After I dyed my hair I realized I wouldn´t get as many whistles or cat calls and I was actually really bummed. But I still get whistles and what not so I am happy. I think this is the only time I will ever be thankful for pale skin. 

Anyways I can´t think of much more to write. Next week is going to be better. Please pray for us that we can have success and find a family to teach that is prepared to receive this Gospel! We really want to teach families cause we know how much the Gospel blesses families. I love you!!!
Hermana Wursten
p..s we played volleyball Monday and I ran into a bench and now have a bruise on my knee. haha 
p.s.s The sisters have it easy there... going to the temple and thrift shopping and after Leatherbys.. are you sure they are working??? jk

 
Moroni in Tarija! 

Going to Conference in the back of a truck.. only in South America.

This is at conference with her Bishop and family.

If you look the symbol thing, it is the lions club. Thinking of my lion´s club padres!

Hna and Pres Willard and me and Hna Choque in SantaCruz.





in Cochabamaba!


No comments:

Post a Comment