Monday, June 10, 2013

She Made It!!

Here is the email my mom received on Friday June 7, 2013.  Letty left on Thursday morning.  I believe she had a layover in Dallas and from there to Peru.  We were happy to hear that she made it safely, and can't wait to hear from her again!  Here is her email:
HOLA!!!! I am at the MTC. Finally. I didn{t end up getting to the MTC until 445 in the morning. My plane was delayed and then by the time I got through customs it was 345 ish and no one was there to pick me up. So I asked a man if I could use his phone (in spanish, the best I could) and he did so I was able to call the MTC and they picked me up. As I was waiting I kept getting approached by men asking if I wanted a taxi. haha they knew I was american so I am sure they wanted my money. they let me sleep in until 9 this morning but I woke up at 830. My companion is really nice, I forgot her name already but I think it is Hermana Call. She is from San Jose area. So far I have just been getting the things I need and I sat through like 5 minutes of language class and then they took me out so I could email you. I feel inadequate cause the people here seem to know more spanish than me so I feel a little dumb, but I am sure that is just temporary. It is all a little overwhelming but I am excited to be here and know that after a week I will be used to things. From what I saw of the drive to the MTC (it was night so I couldn{t see a ton) it looks a lot like Ecuador. I am just grateful to be here. Yesterday was along day! I have to go but I will email you on my pday, which I dont know when it is. I love you!
Hermana W


The night before she left she wanted Mexican food.  So they went and ate at Carmelita's in Roseville.



No comments:

Post a Comment