Monday, August 5, 2013

8.5.13

Hola!!!! Sounds like the trek was a fun and cool experience. I have been reading Our Heritage and I have so much more appreciation for the pioneers and the sacrifices that they made for us. Because of them we have the Gospel and our lives are forever blessed. That is awesome J Sprat is going to talk to the missionaries!!!!!!! Tell him I am super excited and to write me. Woot woot! The Gospel is so true! It is more real to me everyday I am here. 

Everyday here is getting better and better and I am adjusting more and more. the language is still difficult but I am getting more and more confident in speaking and approaching people. It´s prety cool. this week we were able to teach the Familia Idalgo the Plan of Salvation and they came to church yesterday!!! And stayed for all 3 hours. I was so happy and I think they liked it. We are going to teach them tonight. they have 2 little kids who are really cute. We also found a family proselyting who are awesome. The lady, Indira, is a nonmember but her boyfriend (they live together) is inactive and so are her parents. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and then last night we taught them the Restoration. We had a member with us and it was awesome. Seriously, I felt so proud to be a missionary. We all testified of the Book of Mormon and it was very powerful. Everyone was very attentive. We asked them to read the BOM and pray about it and I really hope that they receive their answer cause I know this is what Heavenly Father wants for them. This is what Heavenly Father wants for everyone! All the inactive members of the family were super nice and I think they really enjoyed our message and having us in their homes. A lot of inactive people are scared to go back to church, so its important that we love them all and welcome them with open arms.
We had a lesson with Gabriella (one of our investigadores) about the palabra de sabiduria. When we arrived there were some other people there from another church and one of the guys was from Alabama. Anyways they left and we taught and during our lesson they came back and wanted to join in so I explained to the US guy in english a little bit. It was a distraction because we were teaching Gabriella. After they asked to talk to us about what they believed. We said yeah, but didn't have much time. Anyways they went to explain that they believed all you needed to do what accept Christ to have Eternal Life and then of the ladies was saying how we are only children of god if we accept him, if we dont then we are only creations of God. The spirit was just gone after that. We are ALL CHILDREN OF GOD NO MATTER WHAT WE BELIEVE. Anyways we were respectful and said a prayer and then left. Me and Hna Quispe felt really shaken up and that the spirit was just gone so we went to a park and prayed and sang some hymns. haha It was an interesting experience and I felt uncomfortable because it seemed like they were just trying to argue and prove right.
Oh Mom, I know what quote I want. The one by Jeffrey R. Holland saying how not all blessings come right away but for those who live the Gospel those blessings will come. Can you send that to me in english and spanish please?
So I experienced my first cockroach the other day. It was in our bathroom and I felt so creeped out. I killed it with the trash can and now everytime I go to the bathroom I am scared I am going to find a cockroach. thats funny to me mom that you think maestro is funny. It means teacher. haha
Also, do you think you can send me an easy USA recipe to make? A lot of people ask me if I can make something american for them but I can never think of anything and I don't have any recipes memorized.
Anyways things are a lot better here. Spanish is still hard and every once and a while I will get discouraged but it only lasts for like an hour or so and then its better. I am just trying really hard to study a lot and and rely on the Lord or his help. I have grown to love the scriptures so much! Seriously, they are my favorite. I wish I could read them forever, which is something I thought I would never say. I just learn something new every time. Read the book of mormon everyone! I am going to try to send pictures like always but who knows cause the computers here are stupid.
I am so happy to be on a mission. It is hard with the language and all but being a missionary is so powerful and we can all be missionaries! Thanks so much for all your letters and love and support. I love hearing about everything going on in your lives. I love you! Until next week!
Hermana Wursten




Familia Idalgo on the left and Familia Villagomez (miembros) on the right. 

Me with a cute little baby goat. 


My bruise. Nast. (from a dog bite)

A lot of stray dogs here wear sweaters and it is really funny to me.

Some fun traditional dress.

My District

Washing my clothes.


One of the members and her daughters. This is where we eat lunch everyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment